the cousins hanging together in Avila Beach

February 14, 2010

today...

It's Valentine's Day. I'm in San Diego.

Got up this morning in an empty house and went running. I ran to the beach. I didn't know how far it was, but that's where I was going. I listened to Tenth Avenue North on my iPod and the whole album was great - good encouragement. The music kept reminding that all I need is God.

One song especially got stuck in my head and it's been in there all day. Love Is Here. The chorus starts, "love is here, love is now."

I got to the bluffs and turned off the music. And a voice shouted my name. I looked around and there were people here and there, walking, waxing surfboards, playing with dogs. But I didn't see anyone that looked like they had called out to someone.

I stayed by the water for a bit and began walking back, music off, wondering just a little if someone I knew had seen me (we have relatives down here) and would try to get my attention again. No one did. But as I walked, a little more alert than when I'd come down, something caught my eye. One of those mini Snickers bars in shiny red wrapping! A Valentine candy. It made me smile as I walked along and on the next block LOVE was written in the sidewalk in funny block lettering! I got to the corner and the don't walk hand started flashing, but the middle fingers are painted and I thought it was the I Love You hand sign. Then I realized this is surfer town and it's actually that shaka (sp) sign or hand greeting the surfers use. =)

But the point is I saw it as I Love You first. And so today has been a pretty good Valentine's Day! God is good and He loves me! And He tells me so. He's telling you too. Listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment