the cousins hanging together in Avila Beach

January 19, 2010

why?

In a Bible study not too long ago on the topic of works someone asked the question, "what if we get to the gates of heaven and God says, 'Why should I let you in?'"

I don't think I had ever really thought about it before, but in that instant I knew in my heart exactly what I would say. "Because you love me. . . And because I love you."

Okay =D, I had written a lot more here about how I felt so sure that love is the only answer, but then I remembered. . .

Romans 10:9 doesn't say we need to love him to be saved, only believe. So. . . maybe I've just gotten in so far that I can't imagine not loving him. =D I guess I'm at a place, and I think many of us are, where believing in him is such a given that it has been superseded by loving him.

I dunno. . .

I just know that's what I would say. =D

4 comments:

  1. I'm intrigued. Would you be willing to explain this:"I guess I'm at a place, and I think many of us are, where believing in him is such a given that it has been superseded by loving him" thought a little more?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mav,
    It's just the idea that, at least for myself, it's not my belief that's my assurance of salvation, it's the fact that I love Him. And he loves me. Of course belief is foundational and necessary, but as we walk with God and get to know Him more and more, we cannot help but love Him. And because God IS love and is ALL ABOUT love the fact that I love Him goes far beyond believing in Him - loving Him is all-inclusive.

    Maybe that's just me. =) What do you think?

    Oh. Don't be offended if I should know... but who are you? =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why thank you sir. Sorry I missed your follow up. I understand your line of thinking and I fully agree with you. I think it must have been late at night when I asked for the explanation, because I understood your post just fine just now:)

    ReplyDelete