the cousins hanging together in Avila Beach

January 30, 2010

oh, the wonders

Ever seen one of these before? It's a lunar halo or a "hey, look, there's a ring around the moon!"


I was with some friends in Phoenix, AZ on January One and we all saw this! Well, not exactly this - I got this pic off the web. But it is from AZ and I'm sure we could have seen it like this, with a cactus, if we had wanted to. But it was so awesome and mysterious! I had never seen it before, at least not that I can remember. We didn't pull out the camera or anything, but we all enjoyed it and talked about blue moons and such.

I'm writing about it, though, because it happened again the other night! Here above Pasadena! Braden (my big little brother =) came in and said I had to check out the sky. It was after midnight sometime and cold out, but everything was lit up blue by the almost-full moon and there was a perfect ring around it, just like the photo. I looked it up just now and discovered it's a lot like a rainbow, but is caused by moonlight reflecting off of and shining through ice particles way up high! =)

Reminded me of Phoenix and friends and how creative and thoughtful God is!

No comments:

Post a Comment