the cousins hanging together in Avila Beach

April 2, 2011

now i remember

If you've read many of my previous posts you know that God has orchestrated some interesting (some fantastical) happenings in my life in the last year and a half. Well, nothing really obviously amazing has been happening lately. =P

I think it's because I've let myself get caught up in work and to-do lists and activities and have spent less time really seeking His heart. Really, I think I lost a lot of the desperation for Him that I experienced in some heavy and trying times in the early part of 2010. Interesting how your desperate times can be your best(ish).

Anyway, I sort of got a wake up call last week.

I went out to the farmers market with a couple coworkers one day and as we approached the busy market I heard a voice saying, "Excuse me! Excuse me!" A homeless woman sat on a bench nearby. I spotted her and realized she was calling to me. I went over (kinda forgetting about my friends =P who didn't notice at first that I'd wandered off).

She had a friendly face and reminded me of a good friend of mine. I expected her, of course, to tell me she needed money for this, that or the other and of her terrible circumstances, but instead she asked me another question...


She said, "Are you a spiritual person?" Oh, man, I thought, probably with a smile beginning to form on my face. I thought of how unspiritual my life had felt recently - how little attention I'd been paying to God. "Yes, I am."

"Well, this may sound strange to you," she said, "but God just told me that you should pray for me and my family."

Haha. He was at it again. =) I had to tell her, "Actually, that doesn't sound strange at all." So we prayed there, outside the farmers market. I gave her some money too and as I stood to leave she spoke/prayed a blessing over me.

God, thank you for all the ways you invade our lives and capture our hearts and minds again and again.  And wherever Cindy Williams is now, bless her. Invade her life. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. God is so good! He is always with us and always calling us forward to experience more of the life that he's got planned for us, so that we can know the joy that He knows! Keep going :)

    ReplyDelete